A easy technique to get across the file dimension restriction on Android is to allow Wealthy Communication Providers (RCS). This type of Android messaging is the reply to the iPhone’s iMessage app. As a substitute of sending messages by way of SMS/MMS, RCS bypasses the system’s cellular supplier by sending messages by way of Wi-Fi. Nevertheless, older Android telephones and units with cellular carriers that do not help RCS can’t use the characteristic. There are a restricted variety of texting apps that help RCS on the time of writing.
Methods to allow RCS in Google Messages:
- Open the Google Messages app or obtain it from the Google Play Retailer should you don’t have it.
- Faucet the consumer icon within the high proper nook.
- Choose Messages Settings within the drop-down menu.
- Faucet the RCS Chats choice, which is listed as Chat Options on some telephones.
- Toggle on the RCS Chats setting.
When you’ve got a Galaxy smartphone, you need to use RCS messaging in Samsung Messages as an alternative, but it surely is not as simple. The service should help the app’s superior messaging characteristic, which is what Samsung calls RCS. To test whether or not it is enabled:
- Open the Samsung Messages app.
- Faucet the three vertical dots.
- Faucet Settings.
- Search for Chat Settings — whether it is grayed out, meaning your service does not help the Samsung app’s RCS characteristic. If the characteristic is not grayed out, meaning you need to use RCS in Samsung Messages.
Activating RCS will assist you to ship information as much as 100 MB. Nevertheless, for RCS to perform, each you and the individual you might be messaging should have the characteristic enabled, and you might must disable your telephone’s built-in power-saving characteristic for it to work.