Earlier than putting in the macOS Sonoma public beta, you will want to make sure your laptop is appropriate with the software program. To make use of macOS Sonoma, your MacBook Air, MacBook Professional, and Mac Mini have to be a 2018 mannequin or newer. iMac Execs have to be from 2017 or later, and iMacs or Mac Execs from 2019. If you happen to’re utilizing a Mac Studio, it must be a 2022 mannequin at minimal. In case your machine is appropriate, this is how one can set up the general public beta:
- Go to the Apple Beta webpage.
- If that is your first beta, join entry to the Apple Beta Software program Program along with your Apple ID.
- Click on macOS.
- Click on “Obtain the macOS Public Beta Entry Utility.”
- After the .DMG file downloads, run the .PKG file within the picture.
- If you have not made a Time Machine backup, you are able to do so right here (it is non-compulsory however a good suggestion).
- If it would not open mechanically, open System Preferences and click on Software program Replace.
- If the obtain is not instantly obtainable, you will obtain a notification when it’s. After the replace finishes downloading (it might take some time), click on Improve Now. Comply with the supplied directions, and you will be all set.
If in case you have signed up for a macOS public beta earlier than, you may skip most of those steps and go straight to Enroll Your Units within the top-right nook of the Apple Beta webpage. Click on Software program Replace, then Improve Now, and observe Apple’s steps.