In the event you use Apple model equipment like AirPods to take heed to audio content material on fellow Apple units like an iPhone, iPad, iPod contact, or Mac laptop, it needs to be pretty simple to change the way in which they seem underneath your predominant gadget’s checklist of linked Bluetooth units. Assuming you’ve got already arrange and paired your AirPods with an Apple system, this is how one can go about renaming the earbuds, first on a Mac laptop:
- Put on your AirPods and be sure that they’re correctly linked to your machine.
- Click on on the Apple icon within the top-left nook of the pc display screen
- Go to System Preferences.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- Proper-click on the AirPods you wish to rename and select Rename.
- Sort in a brand new title then hit Rename to save lots of the change.
In the meantime, on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod contact, after carrying your AirPods and establishing a connection:
- Launch the Settings app in your Apple system.
- Faucet the title of the AirPods you might be carrying close to the highest of the web page. Alternatively, you possibly can choose Bluetooth and hit the lowercase “i” icon subsequent to the AirPods you might be carrying from the “My Gadgets” checklist.
- Faucet the Identify discipline.
- Enter your required new title for the AirPods.
- Hit Accomplished to save lots of the change.
When you’ve got different Apple units that you would be able to join the AirPods to and so they’re all signed into the identical Apple ID, it is best to be capable to see the title change throughout all suitable devices.